Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Integrating Disciplines

We are currently studying the concept of angles in my 7th grade math class. We have been identifying and measuring angles. I would like to integrate art into this lesson about angles, specifically the visual art of photography. I am also going to integrate language arts into this lesson through writing activities. Students will find examples of angles in the real world and take pictures of the angle. They will need to photograph an obtuse angle, right angle, and an acute angle. Then the students will submit the photographs via email and write about where the picture was taken, what kind of angle is in the picture, and describe other things of interest in the picture. Do you have any other suggestions to enrich this lesson?

What other disciplines can I integrate into this lesson?

What other ways can I extend this lesson to increase learning and understanding of angles?


No comments:

Post a Comment