Saturday, April 3, 2010

How Twitter is Similar to my Health Club

My top 5 reasons that twitter is similar to my health club.

5. With twitter and at the health club, everyone is usually very nice. People are very encouraging and supportive of one another.

4. PLN/PLM. My Personal Learning Network helps me grow professionally through other teachers, administrators, and educators. My Personal Lifting Machines including the fly machine, curl machine, and the bench press machine help me grow physically.

3. With both twitter and exercising, the more you do it, the more you are hooked.

2. Many of the people you follow on twitter do not use their real names (cybraryman1, NMHS_Principal, web20classroom, tonnet, TheTechSpec). At the health club, you do not many people by name, instead they have nicknames (skeletor, harry larry, spandex man, goober, skin colored biker shorts lady, loud singing iPod guy, Dan the Man, and Lance Armstrong)

1. Your twitter updates can only be 140 characters. Health club members must weigh less than 140 pounds. Members must also only eat food less than 140 calories.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! This post just made my morning! I'm so glad that I stumbled across your blog -- definitely going to be adding it to my RSS feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I may have to start Twittering just to make sure I don't make the "club nicknames list"!! :)

    ReplyDelete